1. Definition of “Personal Information”
2. Use of Personal Information
The use of Personal Information by The Company is as set forth below.
- For providing our services and developing new services.
- For informing our services and various campaigns.
- For marketing, research and analysis with the aim to improve the quality of our services
- For providing customer service and technical support
- For notifying customers of changes in the terms and policies (hereinafter referred to as “Terms”) concerning our services
- For correspondence regarding acts that violate the Terms concerning our services
- For identification of financial institution accounts
- For transferring funds to a financial institution account
- For communication in the event of an emergency
- For other purposes associated with the above-mentioned purposes
3. Changes to the Use of Personal Information
Use of Personal information is subject to reasonable changes by The Company to the extent that they are relevant, that customers are notified of such changes, and that they are published.
4. Limitations on the Use of Personal Information
Unless permitted by The Law or other regulations, The Company does not handle personal information beyond the scope necessary to achieve business uses mentioned previously without customer consent. However, this does not apply to the following situations:
- In situations required by laws or regulation.
- In situations where there is a need for the protection of life and health or property, and when it is difficult to obtain the customer’s consent.
- In situations where there is a particular necessity for the promotion of the improvement or the healthy growth of children and public health, and when it is difficult to obtain the customer’s consent.
- In situations where commissioned officers of local or national authorities acting in accordance with laws and regulations require cooperation of The Company and there is the risk of hindrance to the performance of the officer by obtaining the customer’s consent.
5. Appropriate Collection of Personal Information
The Company will collect your personal information by appropriate means and without the use of deception or other wrongful means.
6. Security and Control Measures for Personal Information
The Company will implement appropriate security and control measures to prevent loss, alteration or divulgence, etc. of Personal Information. In addition, The Company will provide training to all officers, staff members and employees who access to Personal Information to enhance their awareness of the importance of protection of Personal Information, and appropriately supervise contractors, if the Company outsources the processing or handling of Personal Information.
7. Providing Personal Information to Third Parties
The Company will not provide Personal Information to any third party without first obtaining your consent (excluding situations required by applicable laws, regulations or ordinances).
However, the following exceptions will apply:
- If the Company decides to entrust all or part of the handling of Personal Information to a third party to the extent necessary to carry out the previously mentioned uses.
- If the Personal Information is required to be provided to a third party in accordance with the succession of the business due to merger, acquisition, or other reasons.
8. Disclosure of Personal Information
When requested by you to disclose your Personal Information on the basis of the Personal Information Protection Act, the Company will, upon confirmation of your identity as a customer, make the disclosure without delay (the Company will also notify you if such Personal Information does not exist in our records).
If however, under the Personal Information Protection Act or other laws, the Company does not assume this duty of disclosure, it will not be bound by this requirement.
When requesting the disclosure, correction, or suspension of the use of Personal Information, there will be a charge by the Company of 700 Japanese yen plus consumption tax per request.
9. Correction of Personal Information
If the customer claims personal information is not true and requests content to be corrected, added, or deleted (hereinafter referred to as “Correction, etc.”), the Company will verify that the claim is made by an identifiable person and do all necessary research, make the correction etc. and notify the customer (if the Company decides not to make correction etc. the Company will also notify the customer). However, the Company does not undertake the obligation of Correction, etc., in cases where it does not apply by law.
10. Suspension of Use of Personal Information
If the customer claims his personal information is used beyond the Company’s published purpose or has been acquired by fraudulent means, and the customer would like us to suspend or delete (hereinafter referred to as “Suspend, etc.”) of the use based upon the Personal Information Protection Act, the Company will verify that the claim is made by an identifiable person and do all necessary research, Suspend etc. the use of said personal information, and notify the customer. However, the Company does not undertake the obligation of Suspension, etc., in cases where it does not apply by law.
For inquiries regarding your personal information, corrections, requests for suspension of use, or any other matters regarding the handling of personal information, please use the following contact information.
NOTE: For inquiries not regarding personal information, please use the ‘Contact Us’ page.
Contact Info Regarding Personal Information:
Akasaka FS Bldg 6F
Minaot-ku, Tokyo 107-0052 Japan
NOTE: Please put the “Inquiry regarding personal information” in the email subject.
13. Continuous Improvement
Effective September 28th, 2015