Software Engineer, Distributed Systems at Orb
Tokyo – Full Time
We’re looking for software engineer to work on our business products which needs to be massively distributed and scalable.
As a software engineer, you will design and implement key features and components of our technology, which is a robust and scalable data platform based on the state-of-the-art technologies. You can also expect to have direct contact with our customers, receiving their feedback and incorporating their input into our product.
- • A BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field
- • A solid understanding of computer science (algorithms, data structures etc.), acquired either in school or at work
- • Strong systems programming experience in Java
- • Strong experience in distributed systems
- • Strong UNIX systems programming background, which should include experience with multithreading, network programming
- • Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- • You love to “engineer” the development cycle (e.g., writing, reviewing, testing), making it faster and more reliable
- • Experience with large data sets and parallel data processing systems (Spark/Hadoop) a plus.
- • Experience in database internals
- • Experience with the Go programming language
- • Performance analysis and/or performance optimization experience